The mango tango is the perfect fruity, sweet, refreshing, and easy summer tropical cocktail out there. It combines mango, lime, and coconut for a burst of sunny deliciousness.
If you love mango and coconut as much as I do, then you're going to absolutely love this cocktail. It can be hard for me to find high quality, ripe mangos in the grocery store, so when I'm looking for a sweet fix, this drink fits the bill.
Easy, breezy, and epically delicious, this mango tango is the perfect fit for when you want to be on a tropical beach, but can't. The mango, coconut and lime flavors make this perfect any time of the year.
What is a Mango Tango?
A mango tango is just a cocktail that contains mango as the main flavor, and then combines other tropical and fruity flavors to go with it. Many times, it's made rum as the spirit of choice (but you could definitely do vodka or gin as well).
The ingredient list is pretty simple!
- Mango nectar or mango juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Coconut rum
- Orange liqueur (like Triple Secc, or Cointreau)
- Fresh mango, for garnish
How to Make It
Part of the reason I love this cocktail: it's so ridiculously easy to make. You simply add all the ingredients to a Boston shaker half filled with ice, shake, strain, garnish and serve.
Tips and Tricks
- Feel free to experiment with the ratios in this mango tango. If you like it a little more fresh and tart, add more lime juice. If you like it sweeter, add more mango.
- Add some garnish! Nothing impresses more than a cocktail that's got some type of garnish with it. Try fresh mango, a lime wedge, coconut, or even pineapple.
- Make these in a batch ahead of time. You can totally make these in a pitcher and then serve as needed! (see below for batch recipe instructions)
Make It Ahead (and Batching)
To make mango tangos ahead of time (and for a crowd) combine these ingredients in a pitcher and throw it in the fridge. Before you serve, make sure you give it a stir.
- 2 cups mango nectar (or mango juice)
- 1 cup rum (or coconut rum)
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- sliced lime, for garnish
Other Amazing Fruity Cocktails
- Boston Shaker or Cocktail Shaker
- 2 oz mango nectar
- 1 oz rum or coconut rum
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- sliced lime for garnish
- Combine the mango nector, rum, orange liqueur and lime juice in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice. Shake for 30-45 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass or a coupe. Garnish with lime.