As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This started as a soup, but I ended up replacing the potato by dumping in a huge amount of tortellini, and here we are.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ pound of spice Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 C. chicken broth
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- ½ C. heavy cream
- ½ C. grated parmesan
- 1 package of your favourite tortellini
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned.
Add the onion, garlic, zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook until the vegebles are softened, 8-10 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the kale. Simmer for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, heat up some water and cook your tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
Add the cream and parmesan, as well as the tortellini.
Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.
Leave a Reply