As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Blueberries and gin are bff's in this sweet and refreshing cocktail. I could drink this all night/year long. Often, gin includes flavor notes of berry, so they're a perfect compliment together. In fact, blueberry gin is actually a thing - and I totally recommend it in this drink if you can get your hands on some.
The best part is this cocktail is really easy to make - and you can make it ahead of time! YAY!
Blueberries and gin are a classic flavor combination, and they come together beautifully in this cocktail. Plus, the berry color makes for a show-stopping presentation.
Ready to learn how to make it? Let's go. Check out the web story here if you prefer.
There's nothing too crazy in this cocktail, and you can absolutely tailor it to your own personal likely. Here's what we're going to need:
- Blueberry gin/regular gin: If you can find blueberry gin, that's completely fine, just use your regular. We're going to be getting plenty of blueberry flavor from the syrup anyway. I used Tempo Blueberry Gin and loved it. It has a great price point and smells like you dove into a basket full of blueberries.
- Simple Blueberry Syrup: this syrup is super easy and you can absolutely make it ahead of time. Check out the link for my full post on how to make it.
- Triple Sec/Grand Marnier/Orange liqueur: orange and blueberry is such a great flavor combo - the citrus of the orange helps bring out the sweetness of the berry.
- Lemon: just a hint at the end for freshness
- Basil: this is just for garnish, but the aroma of the basil leaves as you take a sip: heaven.
How to Make a Blueberries and Gin Cocktail
Step-by-step, let's do it.
Make your simple blueberry syrup. You can do this up to a week in advance.
Add the syrup, gin, orange liqueur and lemon juice to a Boston shaker half filled with ice. Shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds, until the drink is completely ice cold.
Double strain into a coupe or Nick and Nora glass.
Garnish with fresh blueberries, and a sprig of basil.
If you can get blueberry, it enhances that flavor. If you can't, then don't worry about it, use whatever gin you have on hand.
You can, but I would make it into a spritzer to replace the gin. Add orange juice instead of orange liqueur, and then after you shake and strain it, top it off with some club soda. This will be delish!
Totally. Use whatever your favorite simple syrup is, and with regular gin. It will pair well with almost any fruit flavor!
More Awesome Cocktails to Try
Blueberries and Gin Cocktail
- Cocktail picks
- 1 oz blueberry syrup
- 2 oz gin
- ½ oz orange liqueur
- ¼ oz lemon juice or to taste
- 1 sprig basil for garnish
- blueberries for garnish
- Combine the syrup, gin, liqueur, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice. Shake for 30-45 seconds.
- Double strain into your glass. Garnish with the basil and blueberries.
Could this BE any more gorgeous? Suddenly I'm very thirsty 🙂
Thank you Sue! They taste as good as they look 😉
This is a beautiful combination of gin & blueberries. Summer date night drink 😉
They are totally perfect for that! Thanks April!
I made these for a dinner party at the weekend and everyone loved them. So refreshing.
Amazing! Thanks Dannii!
Enjoyed these cocktails yesterday! Very refreshing and I loved the blueberry orange combo that I never had before! Really tasty!
Thanks Leva! I find that combo makes the blueberry flavor stand out more - glad you liked it!
Amanda Wren-Grimwood says
What a gorgeous colour! We are planning a celebration and this drink will be on the list!
Thanks Amanda! You won't be disappointed with these 🙂