This dip looks as good as it tastes! The fresh pea and mint swirled with the creamy ricotta is a match made in heaven. I always use Ina Garten's ricotta recipe (link below) but you could definitely pick some up at your local Italian store as well.
- 1 C. creamy ricotta (here's the recipe I use)
- 1 C. fresh or frozen peas
- ¼ C. fresh mint leaves
- ¼ C. fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ C. fresh pea shoots (if you can find them - the dip still works without them!)
- Juice from half a lemon
- ¼ cup neutral flavoured oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Make the ricotta, and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, combine the peas (they can still be frozen), mint, parsley and pea shoots in a food processor. Give them a spin to combine. Add the lemon, oil, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes if using. Pulse to combine well. The dip should still look a tiny bit chunky.
Place the ricotta in your serving bowl. Spoon the pea mixture overtop, and then gently swirl the two together.
Serve with crackers or crostini. This is also the perfect accompaniment to a charcuterie board!