Grilled peppers are one of the easiest, and most delicious things you can make on the BBQ. They barely even need seasoning, take less than five minute to prep, and you're good to go!
They make an awesome side to pretty much any dish, and they're naturally gluten free, low carb, paleo and vegan. Try them out next to some grilled steak or chicken, or at your next BBQ.
This recipe is also a great building block. While these grilled peppers are great with just a little salt and pepper and olive oil, you can absolutely dress them up with chimichurri, green goddess dressing, or a lemon vinaigrette. The world is your oyster with these guys.
Check out the web story here.
I'm not sure I've ever had such an easy ingredient list.
- Bell peppers
- Salt and pepper
That's it that's the list. If you're looking to get more creative, see all the different variations you can make below.
Making the Grilled Peppers
Again, this is a pretty simple process. Let's go through it step-by-step
- Preheat your grill on medium high.
- Cut all the peppers in quarters, removing the tops and the seeds.
- Place them in a large bowl or baking sheet with oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Place the peppers on the grill. Let them cook without disturbing them for 5 minutes, with the lid closed. Flip them over, and cook for another five minutes with the lid closed.
- Take them off the grill and serve.
- Note: this amount of time on the grill (and the temperature), will make the peppers tender-crisp. If you like them a little softer than that, by all means let them cook longer. Just make sure you keep and eye on them and don't let them burn.
These guys are pretty versatile, and they also go great will other grilled veggies. Throw them on there with some sliced onions, zucchini and asparagus for a grilled vegetable extravaganza. Or, make up some chimichurri or green goddess dressing to serve with them! You could also season them in any number of different ways - the world is your oyster here, so go for it!
Again, perfect for a backyard cookout. Serve them alongside a perfect grilled T-bone steak, fresh oysters, some killer cocktails, and sides. It'll be a hit every time!
Easy Grilled Peppers
- BBQ or Grill
- 4-6 bell peppers cut in half, lengthwise, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat.
- In the meantime, prepare you peppers by cutting in half lengthwise, and removing the seeds. Place in a large bowl, and season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When the grill is hot, place the peppers on the grill. Leave, with the lid closed, for 4-5 minutes. You want the peppers to be just starting to char, but not become mushy and overcooked. Flip the peppers over, and cook for another 4-5 minutes with the lid closed.
- Remove from the grill, and serve immediately.
Hi, I'm Cara! I'm a food writer, journalist, and recipe developer. I'm obsessed good food, good wine, good cocktails and entertaining. I've picked up a few tips over the years, and love sharing them with others.